Inside randiant joy, she can hear with her heart and with her ear the jubilation of a country. With fireworks behind her eyes she celebrates in her own way.
But coming to she stands alone again in a country that doesn't acknowledge the success of another. The snow sparkles innocently in the sun, the street serene on a sunday afternoon with no one about. Lik a sleeping chil unaware that there is a fire burning on the other side of town.
How is it that her heart can live in one place, but her body exists somewhere else so far away.
How long will her body last without its heart?
How long can she last being split so thoroughly in two.
Alone she leaves the sounds of horns and fireworks behind to move out into a frozen world.
Frozen herself for another time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love that one!!!
hehe... if you were in Egypt you'd be complaining about the craziness in the street that other night after the final match! people went CRAZZZZYYYY! streets were blocked everywhere!
Molly, what imagery, I feel like I am there with her. And how very relatable.
"With fireworks behind her eyes she celebrates in her own way"
This was a beautiful line, I am going to print it out and put it on my wall. :)
Post a Comment